Connect with Microsoft Power BI to have your IoT device and alert data sent to a PowerBI dataset.
You will need a Power Bi account to use this integration.
Connecting to Power BI
Use the following steps to setup the Power BI Integration.
- Log into your account on the IoT in a Box portal or using the mobile app.
- Select the Integrations option and then select the Power BI integration.
- Enter the following information to complete the integration:
- Name: Enter a name for this integration. In case you have multiple integrations, this will help uniquely identify it in the list.
- Dataset name: Enter the name of the dataset where you want your IoT data sent.
Note: This dataset will get automatically created for you within Power BI by the integration.
After saving the Integration, you will see it shown in your list of integrations.
- You can then edit the integration to make any changes needed.
- You can also toggle the Integration on/off at any time from here as well. Disabling the integration will stop new data from being sent to the Power BI dataset.
Verifying things are working
You can verify the integration is working by logging into your Power BI account and viewing the dataset.
The integration will automatically create a dataset in Power BI using the name specified during the integration setup. It will automatically create all the necessary fields.
Select the dataset and which fields you want to view and you can then as new IoT data flows in, you can refresh and view the data within Power BI.